The Mare and The Tortoise The Mare and The Tortoise

I actually like the delay you have, except it is a bit too much (maybe if the delay had a different frequency range it'd work better). Everything else was great! Good job.

Impromptu - Spring Impromptu - Spring

This is extremely well done! Whichever one of us wins, this is a great work!
Side note, sorry to hear about your grandmother passing, but it's good that you're at peace with all she's given you and your family. I'm sure if there's iGod's in heaven, it's now her newest addition to it and on play repeatedly.

BlazingDragon responds:

Thanks man! I really dig your piece as well and plan on leaving a review in due time.

Also, thanks for the consolation. If she's not listening to this now, I'll play it for her live when I get up there. :)

[Perchloric Ripple] [Perchloric Ripple]

I like it, some good sounds and effects in this. I think this is more uplifting than chill, but nonetheless a nice song.

alienchao responds:

Thanks! I'm glad you like the effects; that was something I wanted people to notice. As for the distinction between chill and uplifting, I think the mood of the song depends a lot on the perspective of the listener, so it could sort of be either.

SpaceLazers With Aliens! SpaceLazers With Aliens!

Very well done! What DAW/plug-ins did you use?

CidiousClef responds:

FL Studio 10 all the way. TS-404 was used for the Bassline, Passed through Overdrive, Distortion Compression and More Distortion, with some Filters thrown in there for good measure. But carefully of course. 3xOsc was used for the lead thingy, with a couple of Detuned Saws and a quick pitch Envelope at the start to give it that stabby feel. Poizone added some space in the background with a gated Arpeggiator.

Fruit Kick can Provide some very nice sounds, after passing it through compression, careful gating and extremely judicious use of Overdrive. Sidechain the song a little, and it gets that much stronger.

Snares and Hi-Hats were taken from a free sample pack, then processed until they sounded good. Then I arranged them into the beat I was looking for, which wasn't quite 4/4, but wasn't quite syncopated either. The HI-Hat Shuffle was made by filling up the sequencer with notes and then mucking about with the Velocity and panning in such a way that it fit what I already had.

Then I arranged the song, which was pretty simple, since most of the variation comes from Automation and tweaking with Cutoff filters, with just a tad bit of tonality change.

All in all, it took me about 12 and a half hours to make, which is a short amount of time because the song is quite simple really.

This is probably far more detail than you wanted, isn't it?

Restless Dawn Restless Dawn

Great piece, good job playing it was worth the listen!

Feel Feel

A definite favorite!

DaveValentine responds:

Thanks so much!

Alone in the mountains Alone in the mountains

A great piece! Thanks for sharing this.

Finger Linger Finger Linger

This is very good! I like how you keep to the basics of Dub with Chill elements, great job.

djhoohaa responds:

Thanks man. xD

True self True self

Work on the production a little more, because you have a really nice track right here. 4 Stars, Good job!

Deshiel responds:

SBP - Alone... SBP - Alone...

Very GarageBand looped, but that's not a bad thing! it takes a good ear to put this kind of stuff together. Although I don't understand the jazz piano stabs, that piano loop is a very nice choice. I give it a 4 because of the piano stabs (and how loud they are), but overall very nice, I enjoyed listening.